The Life of a True Christian is Never Easy!
Who lied to you and told you, being a Christian would be easy? Did you think, just because you are a Christian….
- You would be exempted from all troubles coming your way?
- You wouldn’t have to face any trials and tribulations?
- Life would treat you fairly and kind?
- People would love, honor and respect you everywhere you go?
- There wouldn’t be any turmoil inside our Churches?
- It would be peaceful all the time?
- You would find an empty parking spot waiting just for you every single time?
- Every door of opportunity would open and you wouldn’t have to work hard?
- You would get everything you want when you ask?
- When it rains, God would send you a special cloud and you would never get wet?
Did you honestly think, you would live in a big mansion and drive a fancy car, just because you are a Christian? If these are your idea of Christianity, I do not know the Christianity that you follow. As the life of a true Christian is never easy and God never said it would be!
As Tewahedo Orthodox Girls, we are Christians “Followers of Christ” till the day we die. As a result, we will always have our greatest adversary, the devil. As St. Peter writes, “be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary, the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.” He is warning us to be cautions and that we must be ready to resist Satan at all times.
Please remember, Satan only hates the Christians who truly live a Christian life. As you know and may have seen, there are many people in this world who call themselves Christians, but live a Pagan life and the devil loves these people. He only hates and despises the Christians that follow, obey and adhere to God’s commandments. He truly hates that we have chosen to follow Christ, so he tries everything in his power to tempt us and to take us down with him. He will fight us till the end and that is why EVERYTHING we do in the Christian life is a fight. It is the reason why you must always remember to FIGHT…..
- You have to fight to pray
- You have to fight to read your Bible
- You have to fight to go to Church
- You have to fight to have faith
- You have to fight to have hope
- You have to fight for joy
- You have to fight to never give up
- You have to fight to repent and partake of the Holy Communion
As we continue to fight, God will prove Himself to be faithful and He will always be there to help us, when we are overwhelmed. He will sustain us through every single trial that comes our way. So don’t ever be discouraged and never give up! Continue to fight the good fight, because with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, we will ALWAYS have victory! But always remember…
The life of a true Christian is never easy!
Jesus says, “These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” John 16:33 (NKJV)
– Author: Selam Seyoum